Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Where is the word count tool?

Hi Digitig,

Thank you for the additional information. When you mention that it's working in two parts but not the third, can you explain how
you're creating or tracking separate 'parts'?

Is the document all just text?

The 'Words:nn' choice on the status bar does gray out as you're typing and then 'catches up' during pauses, and this can sometimes
happen on first selection of partial document text as well, more so if you have all of the proofing selections turned on for
spelling/grammar/etc 'as you type'.

================
"digitig" wrote in message news
Could you provide some steps to reproduce the behavior?

Unfortunately no, I've not found a pattern to it yet. Mind you, I've only
just noticed it (it's the first time I've needed word count since moving to
Office 2007) so I'll keep a look out to see if I can make it reproducible.

Is this typed text, or text pasted from a non-Word document pasted in?

This is text I have typed in. It's a college assignment in which I need to
do 1000 words for the first part and 300 for each of the second and third
parts. The partial counts were showing fine for the parts 1 and 2, not at all
for part 3. I kept typing and selecting, and after a bit more typing and
selecting the word count started appearing as it should (now I just need to
get my word count down by about 20%!).

What font are you using and what view are you working in.

Calibri, print layout.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP