Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
digitig digitig is offline

Default Where is the word count tool?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Digitig,

Thank you for the additional information. When you mention that it's working in two parts but not the third, can you explain how
you're creating or tracking separate 'parts'?

Just a simple Header 1 between the parts. I'm selecting the portion for
which I want the word count.

Is the document all just text?

There's an Excel 2007 chart in there, and a couple of tables, but not in the
part I wanted to count.

The 'Words:nn' choice on the status bar does gray out as you're typing and then 'catches up' during pauses, and this can sometimes
happen on first selection of partial document text as well, more so if you have all of the proofing selections turned on for
spelling/grammar/etc 'as you type'.

Well, I left it selected whilst I searched the net for the issue, found this
forum, read the discussion so far and posted the problem, and it still hadn't
caught up!