Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
digitig digitig is offline

Default Where is the word count tool?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Tim,

Most of the Office help files are duplicated on
http://office.microsoft.com/help

Maybe. But much of my time at work I don't have an internet connection
(customer premises in environments where I can't use a mobile telephone).

In Windows Explorer you might want to check to see what file types are associated with the .HX_ series of file types.

Apparently nothing. They say "Opens with:" but the following text shows that
Windows knows about what the files are. I've compared with a working
intallation and they look the same.

I don't
recall if running Office diagnostics from
Office Button=Word Options=Resources
resets those for the CLView.exe help viewer

Apparently not. I should probably try a re-install.