Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
digitig digitig is offline

Default Where is the word count tool?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

You may want to take a look at the http://toolbartoggle.com add-in. It supports a floating toolbar (actually task pane) for some
features.

That looks promising, thanks.

I'm not sure what warning you're getting regarding old keystrokes (I'll probably remember once I've had coffee on this Monday
morning g).

"Warning" is possibly too strong, but a popup tells me that it's an Office
2003 access key.

The 'Custom properties' would be one tab in the older Word 2003 properties dialog? That's a dialog I mentioned in the previous
message that could be assigned a custom keyboard shortcut to be able to pop it up, although not to a specific tab in the dialog .

The one I now get at with altFEP[click "Document Properties"][Click
"Advanced Properties][Click "Custom"]

As you can access the object model from C# it would be possible to customize the right click context menus that way, but that would
be something one of the macro maven/programming folks who post here to address for you

When I get a chance (looks like September, but may slip) I'll have a look at
that. I never liked VBA -- I always felt I was working against it rather than
with it -- but I really like C#.