Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Default Does anybody know what this symbol (¬) means?

To: Denise,

If you're working with the hidden characters shown, then a conditional
hyphen is shown as ¬. If this is the case, and if you still want to delete
them with Find, go to Special characters and find "Optional Hyphen."

Steven Craig Miller

"Denise" wrote:

Hi,

I'm editing a text in Word. I changed the page setup and suddenly apperead
this symbol ¬ inside the words... The "Find" option does not recognize it (I
wanted to use it in order to cancel all the "intruders").
Does anybody know what's that and how can I get rid of it?

Thank you,
Denise