Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Default Setting margins for a follow-on page (after a headed page)

Use text boxes to shrink the margins of the first page. For
instructions, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cjh2003" wrote in message
Dear all,

I need to set the margins for the follow-on pages in a document that

has
headed (margins 4cm & 1.9cm l/r) on the first page. On subsequent

pages I
need 2cm/2cm l/r (as well as different top/bottom margins).

If I click at the start of the second page and change them in page

setup
(and in the botom box select 'from this point onwards') it works,

but if I
then add text to the first page I end up with a couple of lines on

page 2,
and page 3 is the same format as the headed page! If I delete

anything I end
up losing the headed margins and the whole document goes to the page

2
margins.

This was SO easy in WordPerfect - you could specify formats on a per

page
basis. I've rummaged and rummaged in the menus of Word and I can't

see how I
might do this. There doesn't seem to be anything on the FAQ sections

of the
website either. I can see how to choose different papers in the

printer, but
can't find any associated layout properties per page.

(Word 2002 SP3 on WXPPro SP2)

Thanks