Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DavidJ726

Default * ANSWER* 1/3 Special Character Available?

Thanks Jim, I went there already but the link for exploiting fractions
(something like that) didn't work. I guess I need to go back to your FAQ &
see what I missed.

David

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DavidJ726 wrote:
The answer is simple, yet elusive... These symbols aren't available
in all fonts. In other words, if I have a new document open up anf
Veranda is the default font, and I go to insert the 1/3, it doesn't
show up in the field codes, nor does it show up in the field codes
under normal text. But if I change the font to Aerial or Times New
Roman, the 1/2 & 2/3 will show up in the character fields. Once I
select & use it, then it shows up as a recently used symbol I can use
regardless of what font I'm using.

Next question while I'm beginning to review some of these FAQ's that
have been posted, the 1/4, 1/4 & 3/4 are all automatically formatted
as a fraction when typing it in Word, but the 1/3 or 2/3 does not.
Any way to force it other than typing 2153 Alt-X ?

Thanks,
David

"DavidJ726" wrote in message
I can see the 1/4 1/2 & 3/4 special characters but nothing in 3rd's.
Am I missing them somewhere? I'm pretty sure I installed the math
equations option when I installed Word 2003.

Thanks,
David