Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
va

Default MailMerge Outlook 2003? Are these bugs...?

When using MailMerge from Outlook 2003, I select an existing MailMerge
document file with fields.

1) The document never just goes ahead and merges - it always forces the
animated help character to show itself and I have to click "merge now" and
then aagain click on a dialog and select merge again!

Maybe not a bug but....Is there a way to get it just to merge?

2) This I think is a bug! After finally getting the merge to work - it
leaves three files OPEN:
a) The final merged document - this makes sense
b) The document with the fields that I used for teh merge - why leave this
open at all?
c) A third BLANK document called "document 1" - this seems like a bug!

Thanks for any help,
VA