news.blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it. I guess I'll muddle through somehow!

Cheers,

Stu

"Word Heretic" wrote in message
G'day "news.blueyonder.co.uk" ,

No can do. Closest you can get is to print the current topic using a
styleref field linked to heading 3 or whatever you use.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

news.blueyonder.co.uk reckoned:

Hello Microsoft Word gurus.

I'm preparing a template for a report that our company puts out on the
regular. As it's just a template there are a ton of headings with no

actual
report undernead them. Now, as I'm preparing the template I'm putting

(For
example) "Question 4.5.3 continued..." or whatever. Of course, when my
colleagues come to fill the document in, these might be redundant, or
incorrect.

I'm relatively new to building templates, and I have to say that I find

the
MSN help files to be lacklustre to say the least. What I'm really looking
for is a file field that can be put at the top of each page, like in the
header or something, that can tell if there's a heading at the top of the
page (a heading that would go into the TOC, for instance), and if not

it'll
display the PRECEEDING heading followed by 'con'd'.

Am I making this clear? If there's anyone out there who can follow my
ramblings, and thinks they could help me, just get in touch. Cheers.