Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Replacing Tabs in Word

^t is what you use to find tabs. In the Find and Replace dialog, if you
click on the More button and then on Special, you will see Tab character as
the second item in the list. Selecting that will insert ^t in the Find what
control.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"unity22" wrote in message

I am writring a dictionary and have used a tab at the beginning of each
entry to distinguish it from a heading.

However now I wish to get rid of the tabs and I have tried doing it by
using
the "replace" function (control H), to replace a tab with nothing.

But I cannot find a function on "replace" for tabs.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of tabs without manually deleting each
one?

Thanks,

unity 22