Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jezebel

Default Page 0 (zero) problem

Select within the first section. Go to Insert Page numbers. Click Format.
Clear the 'Start at' box.

"Jeepster" wrote in message

I've inherited a 6 page Word document from a former colleague and have
been asked to insert page numbers into it. The problem is that after I
insert the page X of Y into the footer, I get the following: on page
one it formats as page 0 of 6; page 2 it formats as page 2 of 6 and
page 3 as page 3 of 6 etc.

How do I get rid of the page 0 (zero) on the first page? I've tried
resetting the page number but to no avail. Can anyone help or at least
enlighten me as to why my document is displaying a page zero?

Thank you,

--
Jeepster