NDeL

Default Word File Open and Save Dialog Boxes Places Bar Customization

Several Windows programs use common open and save dialog boxes, and these
provide for the "Places Bar" on the lefthand side with up to 5 buttons
available (by default, History, Desktop, My Documents, My Computer, and
Network Places). This list is customizable through the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\comdlg32\PlacesBar,
and the Control Panel Applet TweakUI provides an easy interface for doing so.
For example, one may specify a directory path (folder location) for one or
more of the buttons.

Word (and Outlook) uses similar appearing open and save dialogue boxes, but
their Places Bars are not affected by the above-noted key. Does anyone know
where the respective Word (and Outlook) Places Bar registry keys (or other
location) where the buttons are set and can be customized (such as to match
the customization under the above-noted key)?