Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to delete a dividing line created with asterisks

Word 2007 is so dramatically different from all previous versions that it
helps to mention if you're using it. I think you probably have found how to
remove the border. To turn off the auto formatting, go to Office Button |
Word Options | Proofing and click the button for AutoCorrect Options. From
there, the dialog is the same as in previous versions, and the settings you
want are on the AutoFormat As You Type tab.

"Sukiyaki" wrote in message
Thanks so much to Suzanne and Jay. I wish one of you could sit by my side
as
I learn...not only am I new to Word, I'm new to the PC, which makes it
even
more of a puzzle! It's great to get help so fast, and be able to keep my
job
because you help make it "look" like I know what I'm doing! The only
little
trouble I had using the information was due to the fact that it seems to
be
written for Word 2003, and I'm using 2007. There is no "format/borders"
tab,
and it takes me quite a bit of searching through all the tabs to find
something similar...nothing seems to be in its logical place! For that
matter, I'm even having trouble locating where to turn off
auto-formatting!
Thanks again!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's a border. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

"Sukiyaki" wrote in message
In order to delineate the end of one subject and begin another, I typed
in
line of asterisks, and no way, no how can I get rid of it. I've tried
all
the
logical ways, and searched help and the Word for Dummies book, to no
avail. I
did not put spaces between the asterisks, which one person told me was
mistake. Help!

Also, I would like to know what the "lightening bolt" symbol is. It
often
shows up, but mostly when I try to indent a paragraph.

I'm praying no one will spam this email address, as it could get me
fired.
Thank you.