Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do I unlock a document created by myself??

"Tools" should be on the *menu bar*. If it isn't, you can try the following:
Right-click any toolbar and choose Customize from the context menu. Make
sure "Save in" is set to "normal.dot." On the Toolbars tab, select Menu Bar.
Click the Reset button. If/when you are prompted to save normal.dot, choose
to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kevin" wrote in message
I don't have the option of Tools on my toolbar for the word 2003 program

"Carol" wrote:

Have you tried Tools | Unprotect Document? Or Using your Forms toolbar,
clicking on the lock icon? If the document is password protected, you
will
need to know the password.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Steph" wrote:

I have created a document & locked it as it is to be filled in by a
number of
other people. Only problem is I cannot get in to change it??