Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Documents opening in multiple instances, I want one instance

Hi all

[I don't feel any need for tabs showing individual documents. Not worth
the loss in screen real estate IMHO, and Alt-Tab is quick enough.]

C. Moya wrote:
FrontPage does use a Tabbed Document Interface. As does Access 2007 (with
'07 format databases I think). Visual Studio .NET also uses tabs. In
addition it also represents document "sections" (like Excel's multiple
worksheets) using buttons at the bottom of the window.

But _that_ approach I would like, using tabs in Word: say, in Normal
View only, getting one tab for each section. Navigating between them via
GoTo seems a lot more clumsy IMHO.

[The setting should be configurable, since it would make no sense at all
in a large merged letter, for instance :-)].

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS