Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
asym asym is offline

Default Style applied to 1 graf creates 2 instances of style. section

I have tried removing the Heading 1 style from the entire document, and then
changing the style of the paragraphs I want to affect. I am changing the
style by putting the cursor in the middle of the paragraph, and then
selecting Heading 1 from the Styles and Formatting Pane.

I have also tried selecting the preceding page break and making sure it is
the normal style. I have formatting marks turned on, so I don't select
anything by accident. Is there some way to fine tune my selection?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Sounds like the heading style has been applied to the section break or the
paragraph preceding it.