Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Linda Linda is offline

Default Content and legacy controls

I added a continuous section break and protected that section. The checkbox
controls work and everything in the protected section works. The next section
that contains the text content controls is not protected and the controls
work also. However, other text within that section is not protected from
changes. So I tried to create a Rich text control of that section, but the
option was dimmed. Anyway to protect content in this section and keep the
controls working?

I tried changing the check box control to an active x check box control, but
this seemed to have an adverse effect on the text content controls...

Also, can you answer the last two questions in my first post? Thanks!
--
Linda

"Linda" wrote:

I have created a form in Word 2007 that includes both legacy check boxes and
Text content controls. I want to protect the document from changes to all but
editing the controls. When I use the Document Protection button, the check
box controls operate, but the Text box controls do not.

Then I read Jay Freedman's response to the Content Control Titles Vanishing
question explaining that content controls cannot be protected in this manner.
So I removed protection, selected the entire document and added a Rich text
control. Now, the Text box content controls work but the check box controls
do not work.

What is the procedure to use both types of controls and provide protection
to all form content and still allow users to complete the information in the
controls? I could not find a check box content control, only the Legacy check
box control. Also, the check box control does not operate until I add
protection and allow editing of controls. Is there a way to test check box
controls before adding protection, or will they only work with protection on?