Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Multiple watermarks

A header can be anywhere on the page and a graphic inserted in the header
(eg a watermark) can have its layout wrapping option set to behind text and
you can write over it.

If you want a different watermark on each page, then there is not a lot of
point in putting them in the header. Put the graphic directly on the page
and set its layout wrapping option to behind text. Note that if you need to
select an image that is behind text, you must use the white arrow selector
on the drawing toolbar.

bigbrian wrote:
I'd like to have different watermarks on each page of a document, but
it doesn't seem to be possible? I can't put them in the header or
footer and then use section breaks because the watermark is intended
to take up the whole page, and if I make the header take up the whole
page that leaves me nowhere to write the text, since you don't seem to
able to write document text over the top of the header area.

Is my only solution to drop the proposed watermark onto the page as an
image, taking up the whole page and resort to text boxes overlaid on
top, which I really wouldn't be very happy with, or is there a better
solution?

Thanks
Brian