See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

"Rusty" wrote in message
I have a document that someone created using a hard carriage return
(paragraph mark) at the end of each line. I need to quickly remove them so
the document will be easier to edit. I know I can go to each paragraph

mark
and delete it, adding a space between words, but that's really inefficient
for a lengthy document. The "Find & Replace" feature won't accept a

carriage
return (enter key) as a valid character to find OR replace.

Can someone tell me how to save the couple of hours it will take to

manually
remove these paragraph marks from this document? I can't seem to find
anything helpful in Help. Thank you for your assistance!!