WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can't remove highlight

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are a few steps you can try to remove the highlighting from your Word document:
  1. First, make sure that you have selected the text that you want to remove the highlighting from. You can do this by clicking and dragging your cursor over the text, or by using the "Select All" command (Ctrl+A on a PC or Command+A on a Mac) to select all of the text in the document.
  2. Once you have selected the text, go to the "Home" tab in the Word ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Font" section of the ribbon, and click on the arrow in the bottom right corner of the section to open the "Font" dialog box.
  4. In the "Font" dialog box, look for the "Highlight" option and make sure that it is set to "No Color." If it is already set to "No Color," try selecting a different color and then setting it back to "No Color" to see if that clears the highlighting.
  5. If the highlighting still won't go away, try selecting the text again and then right-clicking on it. Look for the "Clear Formatting" option in the context menu that appears, and click on it to remove any formatting (including highlighting) from the selected text.

I hope that helps!