Reza

Default How to omit counting the first page

I am producing a word document. The first page is the Document cover and does
not count in page numbering and counting. I want to insert both the page
number and the number of pages in my document footer. I know how to start
with page number 1 for the second page . However I do not know how to obtain
the correct total numbe rof pages excluding the first page. Can anyone help
me please?

The document will have let's say 19 pages in all.
Now the first page will be the cover page
I have to start numbering from the second page onwards (in the footer),
first page does not have a footer
so it will look like
on page 2 of document : Page 1 of 18
on page 3 of document : Page 2 of 18 etc...

thanks