Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Text Box Moving

Why in the world are you not just using the table itself, with rows set to
an exact height and columns to a preferred width and auto resizing disabled?

http://word.mvps.org

"Guy Lydig" wrote in message
Please explain the seemingly inexplicable movement of text boxes.

I have a table with 7 columns and 21 rows. I want to place a text box over
each column and size and align it exactly with the underlying column. (We
are
planning on using Dragon Naturally Speaking to enter text and I want text
wrap properly without making the rows grow.)

Why, oh why, when I use the mouse or the arrows to move the text box by
clicking its border first, does the text box have a mind of its own.
Sometimes when I press the down arrow it goes down and sometimes it goes
up.
If I use the mouse to move it up/down a fraction of an inch, it sometimes
moves much more. I have tried using the Advanced Settings but I clearly
don't
know what I am doing--and the ? is less than helpful.

Also, sometimes the text box displaces text in the table while other times
it does not.

If someone can help me understand this behavior, I would be extremely
grateful.