Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Heading ghosts on previous pages

What version of Word? Is there perhaps a Next Page section break between the
cover page and the next page, making the page break superfluous?

"Shana" wrote in message
I have several documents using a structured system of headings. In most
cases, selecting "page break before" does the trick, and no 'ghost' of

that
heading is on the previous page.

However, I'm having extreme difficulty when it comes to a heading after

the
cover page. I've tried using "page break before"; and I've tried inserting

page break; and I've tried having the second page text on the cover and
inserting a break and then changing the heading to the heading style. None

of
this works, and there is still a blank line with the heading formatting on
the cover. I wouldn't generally worry about this, but it makes the real
heading show up double in the TOC.

Suggestions?

Thx!