Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] dean.menezes@gmail.com is offline

Default .docx files and websites??

On Apr 21, 6:33*pm, "JW" wrote:
I was asked to upload an MS Word2007 docx file to a website, linking to it
from a *webpage. The MS Word file was preferred over converting to a pdf, so
that viewers could open, save and edit the file. Attempts to open the file
on the server, however, ended up opening a *zip folder, instead of the
document. I do not experience similar problems when the document is on my
computer. I was able to "save as" an older Word .doc version, then upload
that version, and that worked fine. Is this typical behavior of a .docx
file? BTW, I'm working on a computer that does not have Office2007, but has
the converter utility for .docx files from MS support website. Thanks for
your feedback.
JW

Docx files are basically ZIP files so just add the MIME type to the
server config.
http://i7-dungeon.sourceforge.net/older.html