Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lee Harris Lee Harris is offline

Default Mail merge nightmares

Can anyone explain what is happening here -

I've got a 5 cell table, including a first item of data and 4 "next records"
linked to an excel sheet with 100 records in it. When I click the button to
"merge to new document", I can see in the status bar it seems to be
processing 100's of records even though in the mail merge doc I've only
linked to 5. This is causing problems when I put 100 next records in the
main doc, and merge to new, its getting corrupt tables everywhere

what I'd like to know is how I can find out what "merge to new doc" is
doing, where it's getting its info from and why, when the main doc is a 5
column by 1 row table is the "merge to new" creating a 10 page document like
it's trying to read the whole excel file but not properly displaying them
all