Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shauna Kelly

Default template with editable and non-editable areas

Hi Paul

In Word 2003, do Tools Protection. You can mark individual areas of the
document and make them editable.

In earlier versions of Word, see
How can I prevent users from editing the header of a document in Word 2000
or higher?
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Paul" wrote in message
I am trying to create a template with a header (+logo), footer and boxed
area in the centre for editable text. I have basically finished the layout,
but cannot work out how to make the header, footer and the box-shape
un-editable vs.the area inside the box editable. I would be grateful if
anyone can either give me some advice or point me to a tutorial that could
give me help on editable and protected areas of a template document.
Thanks in advance
Paul