Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Paul

Default template with editable and non-editable areas

Thanks for taking the time to reply. As far as I can see, the form
inserts small rectangles that only allows 4 characters.
My "form" basically consists of almost the whole page. Does that mean
one has to click on the "ab" box 10x per row to add an editable area?
None of the tutorial links showed a possibility of turning such a large
area into a form. It seems a rather complicated procedure when
converting such a large area into an editable area.
Regards
Paul
Charles Kenyon wrote:
What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." Check this
in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

You could use one or more form fields inside a border for your boxed area or
you could use a separate section for your boxed area. Word 2003 has some
other options but the entire document becomes uneditable when opened in an
earlier version.

Hope this helps,