You don't say what version of Word you have, but see

“OFF2000: How to Change Company Name and User Name After Setup”
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=233499

“HOW TO: Change the Company Name and User Name in an Office XP Program”
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290528

"How to change the company name and user name in Office 2003"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821550

"Prida " wrote in message
Here's something that's driving me crazy. My PC was purchased from Dell.
I installed Word XP after purchase. The signature company in Word's
autotext entries is listed as Dell Computer.

My question: where does Word pull that signature company from? I didn't
enter it when I installed the software, and it is not coming from Tools
| Options | User Information.

I know how to change the signature company autotext entry, it just bugs
me that I don't know where it comes from.

Any insights? Thanks in advance.

---