Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
david

Default trouble with mail merge, word was unable to open data source

I've had the same problem and found that my problem is the length of the
fields which are being merged were to long. Since I shortened them
everything works now. I only wish there was something in writing that
explains how long these merge fields can be as well as what naming schemes
NOT to use.

Hope this helps you

"edie" wrote:

Mail merge files and the data file I have used for sometime suddenly are not
working. The word file cannot open the data source. It's like something is
lost.