See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...sDontPrint.htm

"ferdy" wrote in message
I am trying to print a simple A4 sheet with two lines of text at the top.

have put a standard page border round the page but the bottom border is
missing in print preview. I think the margins are sufficient but even so,
when I press the "Print" key, the office assistant tells me that the

margins
are outside the printable area but doesnt ask me if I want to fix them.

I'm
new to Microsoft Word 2003 Windows XP, but I'm sure I should be asked if I
want to fix the margins?