Jezebel

Yes it is possible. The quick and dirty way is simply to select and copy the
text/cell in one application, switch to the other and Paste Special Paste
as link.

Or insert a hyperlink using the Bookmark switch. For Word, you need to
bookmark the piece of text you want to refer to in Excel; going the other
way, the cell reference or any defined name can be used as the bookmark.

"Rahul" wrote in message
I have used the insert field document to insert text from a different word
document. I wanted to know whether this was possible with word and excel.

If
i enter a value in word, i would like it to appear on an excel spreadsheet
either automatically (which would be great) or by pressing F9 after

clicking
on the cell. Is this possible?