JE McGimpsey

In article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have been unable to find anything in Word's Help or other documentation to
indicate that the Paste Options, and AutoCorrect Options buttons are "smart
tags." Help applies that term only to text with purple dotted underlines.
Admittedly, the "About smart tags" Help topic includes a section, "Other
buttons you may see in your document," that discusses the Options buttons;
although it does not call them smart tags, I can only assume that this is
where the widespread misapprehension that Options buttons = smart tags
originated.

MacWord2004's Help calls them "Smart Buttons" rather than "smart tags",
but the potential for confusion is obvious, especially among MacWord
users, who don't have smart tags... Not surprisingly, MacWord help, when
searching for "smart tags", brings up "About smart buttons" as the first
entry.

XL03's help, when searching for "smart button" brings up "Turn on or off
the Paste Options button" as the first entry.