Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default how do i open a document saved that says it can't find it?

Never save a file directly to removeable media. Never open a file on
removeable media. Always copy your file to your hard drive before you work
on it, save it to the hard drive, then use Windows Explorer to transfer it
over to your media.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"cindy" wrote in message
I am working on a file saved on a USB stick and saved it there. It worked
on
previous days when I opened it and when I opened it today it says that it
can't find the file that I had must mistyped it...so it does not open the
usual way which is really annoying because I had to open the program and
press the start & try to open it that way....will somebody help me how to
repair it so that it could go back to normal