Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Inserting "Chapter " & AutoNum

Yes, you can add "Chapter " to the appropriate numbering level if you
set up a multilevel (an outline) list. If you want an example, take a
look at the "Article I Heading 1, Section 1.01 Heading 2" built-in
format. See also
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...g20072010.html (Word
2007-2010) or
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ering2003.html (Word 2003).

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-07-17 07:26, wrote:
I would like to autonumber chapters such that I get
Chapter I
Chapter II .... and so forth
Is it possible to have a field that not only provides an autonumber but also the word "Chapter" before the number?

If possible I would like each Chapter and (auto)number to be associated with a style, say, Heading 3.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.