Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default How to prevent Word Or Outlook From Replaceing Apostrophes

Have you disabled the appropriate check box in the "AutoFormat As You Type"
dialog (wherever that may now be)?

"JP" wrote in message
In Office 2007, I can't figure out how to stop word from replacing a

normal
apostrophe into a smart apostrophe or whatever the office programmers are
calling it nowadays. It's replacing ASCII 0039 ' with ASCII 0146 . How

can I
prevent word from making this change? I've tried setting the auto correct
options to replace ASCII 0039 ' with ASCII 0039 ' and it doesn't work.