Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg G

Default stop putting extra line spaces in email

Hi Suzanne,

Tunrs out i FIXED it myself. Here's what I did:

In WORD:
1. Opened new doc.
2. Opened Format then paragraph - then spacing and changed "spacing after"
from "auto" to "o pt.". - then hit "ok"
3. Then went to "Tools" - clicked "Options" - then checked "prompt for Doc
Properties" and checked "Prompt for Normal Template" - then clicked "Default
Format" drop down box under "Save Word files as" and changed from "Word Doc
(*.doc) to "Document Template (*.dot)". Then clicked "OK".
4. I then closed Word and closed Outlook, rebooted to be sure all was reset
- then Opened Outlook and wa la!!! New email messages only single line space
after I hit return on each line!!!

All solved!! Thanks to all who offered suggestions but I am all set.

Greg

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you are using HTML format, a paragraph break (Enter) is going to be
interpreted as two line breaks (Shift+Enter). I don't believe there is any
way to change that, though possibly the style being used for emails can be
modified. I've never used Word as my email editor, so I'm not sure.

"Greg G" wrote in message
Thanks Ivan. The problem is that I want to sue the HTML format as I want

the
color and better format. I didn't have this problem until I chnaged my
signature picker to a better version which inlcuded my company name in

color.
I;m sure there is a way to fix it, just don't know the key.

Thanks,

Greg

"ivanwalsh" wrote:

hi Greg,

Also, if I copy and paste something into my email, it is blank and I

have to
highlight the text, go in to format, font and change the color to

black. How
do I make it dafult blacK??

If you're using Microsoft Outlook....

1. From the *main* Outlook window, click Options on the Tools menu, and
then click the *Mail Format* tab.

2. In the Compose in this message format, select Plain Text from the
drop-down menu.

Should work.

Ivan

www.ivanwalsh.com