Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.printingfonts

Default select fonts not printing bold

Some applications will synthesize a bold appearance, and you may even be
able to print it with specific printer settings, but for the most part, if
the font doesn't have a bold variant, regardless of what you see on the
screen, you won't get bold print. Beyond that, I'm hopelessly ignorant, so
I'm cross-posting this message to the word.printingfonts newsgroup, which
may result in a more authoritative answer.

http://word.mvps.org

"Renauda" wrote in message
Oh my goodness, could it be that simple? Maybe for some fonts that is the
case. I guess I didn't know that some fonts do not have a bold
option...unless they show in bold as standard version from the start.
However, the mystery remains. Why does print preview show bold font if its
not available? And more mysterious is that in one simple word document it
will print one line of the bold text in bold, but the other lines of bold
font print do no print bold...and its the same font in the same document.

Thank you for responding, Suzanne. If you have any additional ideas I'd
love
to hear them! : )

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does the font in use actually have a bold variant?

http://word.mvps.org

"Renauda" wrote in message
Why is bold font showing in print preview but its not printing bold?
After
much messing around with it, one random line of bold font did print in
bold,
but the other bold font didn't print bold. And its not just one font.
Its
several fonts doing this. New issue I've never encountered. Any help
would
be
greatly appreciated! : )