Vickie

Default Creating Christmas Labels with Word 2002

For years I've used Word Perfect 9 on an older system to make my
Christmas address labels. It was nice and easy...simply select Labels
and the type and start typing. I added a cute graphic. Great. I
couldn't figure out how to get this label document into Word for years,
or even manually create it in Word so I gave up and just used WP when I
needed to print Christmas labels.

I have the .wpd conversion installed, although it only says WP 5 as an
"open" option, not 9. I get a "file currupt" message when Word tried
to read it. (Some .wpd will open but others not.) I saved it as an
..rft file, which at least allowed Word to open it up, but it's not in
the label format it was as a .wpd. It's now a long list of addresses.

Is there any way to use a multi-page document of text address to make
labels? I tried Mail Merge, but it was looking for the names in a
format that I don't have them in. (They are not in Outlook, an Address
Book, Access, or any other thing like that.)

I tried to start from scratch and used the Tools--Letter and
Mailings--Envelopes and Labels, and copied my cute graphic to a label
and told it I wanted a full page of the same thing. That worked and I
would just retype the addresses, but I can not find a way to have more
than one page of these labels in a document. The only way I can get
another page is to make a whole new document again. There has to be a
better way. How can I have a document of labels with multiple pages?

Please help. I can't believe a program so popular could be so
difficult.

thank you-
Vickie