Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Default spell check in protected forms

Dorothy:

Robert is correct. I'm asking you to do some things to troubleshoot the
problem.

Make a test copy of the document. Unprotect it -- I'm thinking this will
require a password. Now protect it again, but without using a password. Now
try the macro.

If it works, or at least gets past the last problem area, then that's what's
happening. The macro won't work on password protected forms. You'll either
need to remove the password protection, or add some code and provide your
users with the password to enter.

AFAIK there's no way to unprotect a password protected form either manually
or using VBA without the password.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000