Beth Melton

Glad you have it worked out and that they were reasonable. :-)

From the sound of it, I'd say your data isn't normalized - especially
if you are encountering limitations. Yes there are 255 fields
available in an Access table but that doesn't mean you should be using
all of them. ;-) I'd say if your data tables were setup correctly then
a mail merge would be simple.

Here are a few articles on utilizing Access that you may find will
help you gain some insight on using a relational database:

Access Terminology and Relational Database Concepts
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...icle.asp?ID=73

Normalizing Access Data
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...icle.asp?ID=88

Access Data "Clean-up" Tips

Also, if you have any Access questions then the folks over in the
Access newsgroups would be happy to lend a hand. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"marc" wrote in message
Hi Beth -

I ended up convincing the owners of this report to accept them as
pdf
files...As you know, that's clearly the easiest and quickest
solution...

I tried the mailmerge, but there's roughly 1000 unique pieces of
data/report...I kept running into size limitations of the
mailmerge...

Just for my own knowledge now, what would be the best way to do a
mailmerge
such extensive data (500 or 1000 record sets)???I tried Access, but
kept
running into limitations....I believe that there's a limit of 255
fields/table and query...

Thanx again for all of your help this past weekend,
marc