Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default How to apply HeadingX to all paragraphs containing search string

I'm using wildcards to highlight all paragraphs containing a certain
string expression. I then click on Heading 1 (or 2, or whatever
number) to apply the Heading 1 style. This doesn't make the paragraph
into a Heading 1 paragraph. After some experimenting, I realized it's
because the highlighted portions do not encompass the whole
paragraph. I have many such style applications to do, for various
heading levels, each relying on the Find function to highlight a
certain string expression in all applicable paragraphs. Is there a
way to accomplish this?

Thanks.