Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Top Margins change with Chapter Headings only - How?

I think the margin in question here is Top rather than Left.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
Hello Terri

Terri wrote:
I am working on my dissertation and when I have a chapter heading I am
required to have a 2 inch margin, and the rest of the pages in the

chapter
have a 1 inch margin. How can I do this so I am sure that the margins

will
be correct?

"Margin" as in "from paper edge"? Then setup your document to have a 1
inch margin (File | Page Setup, etc.), and your heading style to have a
1 inch left indent (exact menu location varying with your unnamed
version of Word).

You might like to take a look *at least* into both

Creating a Template €“ The Basics (Part I, by Suzanne Barnhil)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II, by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

before even thinking of starting to type your thesis in Word.

Good luck!
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS