Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Larry

Default Keeping a hyperlink blue (or whatever color)

What seems to be the case is that each website has its own rules
governing the color of followed hyperlinks. In some sites, the followed
link is different from the unfollowed, in others it's not. But then, if
you copy text from a web page into an e-mail, even though the followed
links had the same color in the web page as the unfollowed, in the
e-mail the unfollowed links will have a different color. (In my case,
the followed links are purple, the unfollowed are blue, and I want them
all to be purplse.) So the question is, is there any way to make the
links in the e-mail all be the same (followed) color, other than
manually clicking on all the links in the web page prior to copying the
web page text into the e-mail?

And then another question: Is all this irrelevant from the point of
view of how the text appears to the recipient of the e-mail? Let's say
I've clicked on all the links on the web page prior to copying into the
e-mail, so that the links are all purple in the e-mail. But when
another person receives the e-mail, he hasn't clicked on any of those
links on HIS computer. So does that mean that when he looks at the
e-mail the links will all have the unfollowed color?

Larry

"Larry" wrote in message
But then I'd lose my confidentiality at these groups, which I keep for

reason. :-)

Also, there's still the question of pasting web page text into OE.

Even
if the links are consistent in the web page and even in Word, they are
often inconsistent in the e-mail. I wish I could get control of this.
It's maddening to have an automatic feature that you can't control.

Larry

"John Waller" wrote in message
I'll have to check into this further, but I know that on at least

one
occasion, another person told me that an online webpage of mine

had
inconsistently colored hyperlinks, and I saw the same

inconsistency
as
well from my computer. I assumed that everyone saw the same

colors
as
we did.

Have you got a URL?