Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Aldwinckle

Default Keeping a hyperlink blue (or whatever color)

"Larry" wrote in message

You can force your preferences.
Check: Ignore colors specified on web pages
(Internet Options, Accessibility -- in IE press Alt-T,O,Alt-e,c)

This is an interesting feature, but it changes the actual color designs
of Web pages, which is undesirable, while not fixing the inconsistent
color of linked text pasted into e-mails.

But isn't the original coloring coming from its source (e.g. a web page?)

BTW how are you copying these links? Perhaps if you copy them with
right-click Copy Shortcut (e.g.) they won't be colored? E.g. I imagine that
only the anchor text will be colored not its href value. Similarly you can
force a piece of text to lose all its style attributes by pasting it first into
a new Notepad window, then selecting it from there and recopying.
Note also, that when the source is anchor text that we are assuming
generally that it matches the related href value. In cases where the anchor
text and the captured link do not match you would probably have to do
something like copy the anchor text to capture and set its color
and then paste the copied Shortcut in such a way that it inherited that color.

Thanks anyway. I have a feeling this is a problem without a solution.
:-)

I haven't tried it but supposedly you can create your own stylesheet
to effect your preferences more specifically.
(same dialog -- in IE press Alt-T,O,Alt-e,d)

If so perhaps you could use it to force your preferences for link coloring
only. Again, though, that would only affect the source of the links
and the way you copied and pasted them would ultimately affect
their final attributes in your document.

Robert
---