Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default I want to start Page '1' on the 3rd page. HOW???????? HELP????

If a section break causes an extra page break, then it may be because you
already have a manual page break; if so, you need to delete that.

In order to set up "Different first page" and "Different odd and even"
headers and footers in a dummy document, you must (at least temporarily)
have at least three pages in each section you're working in, assuming you've
unlinked the sections. Be aware that unlinking applies only to like
headers/footers. For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and the other articles
to which Stefan referred you.

"marthamemphis" wrote in message
news
This does not work - I have tried it a zillion times! When you do a

section
break - does it need to be "continuous"? If it is not continuous, it

causes
an additional page break. If I have different footer on both page 2 and

3,
it gets even more complicated. Do I do my footers first? If I have no
footer on page 2, and a different footer on both 2 and 3, then I need page

3
to actually start numbering as page #1. I have tried everything.........I

am
missing something! I think on page 2, I would put "different first page",
right? But, I can't put the same thing on the 2nd page. I have created a
dummy document and none of this is working.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need a section break between pages 2 and 3, then just go to

Format
Page Number and set it to Start at 1. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"marthamemphis" wrote in

message
I have huge documents -over 100 pages with different footers

throughout.
I 'finally' figured out how to change the footer (best way is to go

from
the
back of the document forward, but cannot get the document to work when

need
to start numbering the 3rd page of the document as Page 1.