Klaus Linke

You can also set the ruler to character units in "Tools Options =
General".

But 10 characters of some monospaced fonts alsways seem to count as 6 =
character units, no matter what font size I set "Normal" to.=20

Maybe that's a bug? Or maybe I'm missing something?

Regards,
Klaus

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:
Make sure you are using a monospaced font like Courier, which means =

every
character occupies the same width, and so 50 characters will always =

occupy
the same length on a line, then you can see what the margin would need =

be.
=20
You will have to make sure the text manipulation is always done in a
monospaced or nonproportional font.
=20
=20
On 6/20/05 9:07 AM, "JAS" wrote:
=20
I have a data entry field in a main frame system that has a 50 =

character
maximum line length. The system does not spell check or word wrap. =

A story
of how a part broke must be entered into multiple lines.
=20
We would like to cut and paste to Word to modify the story and =

perform these
functions (spell check and word wrap) and then cut and paste back =

into the
main frame system.
=20
"Anne Troy" wrote:
=20
The TNR characters aren't fixed width, so you'd get variable =

results. Often,
when asking for help, it's best to state what you're trying to =

accomplish
instead of working out your own method. I'll be somebody's done what =

you're
doing before.
*******************
~Anne Troy
=20
www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com
=20
=20
"JAS" wrote in message
Is it possible to set the line length in Word 2000 by the number of
characters in a line and not by inches? I am using Times New Roman =

text.
=20
=20
=20

=20
--=20
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: =

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/