Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default How do I join two different Word 2007 documents?

Unfortunately, that's what Insert File command has become in Word 2007 (I'm
not sure of the logic of changing something as simple as Insert Text to
Insert, Object, Text from File as it implies to me that it doesn't bring
across formatting, graphics, etc.; however it does).

Can you give some examples of what formatting is not being retained when you
do this please?

Terry

"writer" wrote in message
Thankjs, I was able to join files but in Word 2007 I had to use
Insert/Object/Text from File. However I am finding issues with the
formatting
not being preseved. Is there something I need to specify in order to keep
the
source document formatting?

"writer" wrote:

I would like to preserve the source document formatting. Can this be
extended
to joining multiple Word 2007 documents?