Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default No 'Save as' Option in Word 2003

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm

ewan7279 wrote:
I'm afraid I'm stumped. Sorry. Over to the experts...

"Matt Keefe" wrote:

Hi Ewan,

I should have made it clear - I'm talking about the file menu in its
long form, after clicking on the downward arrows. Even in this
longer version, no Save As option appears for me.

I wondered if a corrupted installation might be the problem, so I
repaired the installation with my original Office CD, but the
problem is still there.

Matt

"ewan7279" wrote:

Hi Matt,

When you click on File, does the options menu appear with two
downward arrows at the bottom? If so, click this to extend the
menu to display all available options.

Ewan

"Matt Keefe" wrote:

Hello there,

I'm using Office 2003, and in Word I find that I have no 'Save as'
option under the file menu. The options are available a

New
Open
Close
Save
Save as Webpage
File Search

... and so on, but no 'Save as' option.

Obviously, I can use the 'Save as Webpage' option to achieve the
same thing, but this takes longer, since I need to not only rename
the file, but also to change the file type in the drop down box.
I'm sure the 'Save as' option should appear, but it simply doesn't.

Can anybody explain this, and tell me how to add the 'Save as'
option to my file menu? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Matt Keefe