Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default \# Not Working

Your dates are probably in "Julian date" format which is why Word won't
format them. I do not know why Word sometimes gets them in this format, but
maybe that bit of information will help you identify whether there is
anything unusual about your date column in Excel, or whether creating
another column which refers to the date will help.

I agree with Graham about the numbers.

Peter Jamieson
wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks Peter,

Total_Fijo_mensual is a formula in excel, and it`s format is currency.
Fecha_ult_increm is a date in excel.
I've tried { DATE \@ "dd/MM/yy" } and it works perfectly,
Thanks for your help.
Gastón

Peter Jamieson ha escrito:

What is the data source and what field types are Total_Fijo_mensual and
Fecha_Ult_Increm ?

Does for example, { DATE \@ "dd/MM/yy" } work as you expect? If it does,
it
sounds as if Word is not recognising Fecha_Ult_Increm as a date. Something
similar could be going on with Total_Fijo_Mensual as well (although I
rather
doubt it.

{MERGEFIELD "Total_Fijo_Mensual"\# "##.000}

It really needs to be

{ MERGEFIELD "Total_Fijo_Mensual" \# "##.000" }
or
{MERGEFIELD Total_Fijo_Mensual \# "##.000" }

(the spacing may or may not be important but the closing quote probably
is).

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
oups.com...
It's still not working. I've read your page, very good source.
neither of them are working Don't know what to do, I've updated the
values with F9 save it and opened it again.
I've tried this... ¨{MERGEFIELD "Total_Fijo_Mensual"\# "##.000}
and..... {MERGEFIELD Fecha_Ult_Increm \@ "dd/MM/yy"}
Don`t know what to do..
Thanks fotr your help

Graham Mayor ha escrito:

Try {MERGEFIELD Total_Fijo_Mensual \# "##.000"} (was that supposed to
be
three decimal places?)
and {MERGEFIELD Fecha_Ult_Increm \@ "dd/MM/yy"}
and make sure the quotes are plain quotes and not smart quotes.
Having made the changes, update the fields
See also http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

wrote:
Sorry Macropod...

{MERGEFIELD "Total_Fijo_Mensual"\###.###}
{MERGEFIELD "Fecha_Ult_Increm"\@dd/mm/yy}

None is working.
Thanks for your help.
Gastsn

macropod ha escrito:

Hello Gaston,

Insufficient information! Please post samples of the mergefields
using these switches.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear all,
I have a problem, a big one.
I`m trying to format mergefields and \# is not working, I`ve tried
everything... also \@ is not working.
I have Office 2003 SP1 in Spanish.
Thanks in advance