Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Different formatting on alternate pages

Clarification: Not only spacing after, but also spacing before, could
push down the header contents, and decrease the space for the body
text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Press the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar to display nonprinting
marks. Is there an extra paragraph mark (¶) in one of the headers?

If
so, delete it.

You may also want to verify that no Spacing After (Format |

Paragraph,
Indents and Spacing tab) has been added to the header paragraph(s).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JackieTPA" wrote in message

I have a long document that has a header on each page (no

footers).
Alternate pages have a larger gap between the header and the first

line of
text.

The headers are all the same style, the following text is all the

same style.

I have used reveal formatting and compared the headers and the

text - it
says there are no differences, yet still my problem is present.

Please can anyone suggest anything else I can check?

Thanks in advance for any help!

(I'm using Word200)